As you are aware, we feel strongly about promoting a love of reading, both in and out of school. Therefore, we would like to invite you all into school to share some fun-filled book activities with your child, other parents and carers.
Below is a list of dates for this term so make sure you put them in your diaries as soon as possible! All of the Dog Kennel Hill Reading Cafés will be open from 08:55-09:15.
- Year 1 Friday 8th November 2019
- Year 2 Friday 15th November 2019
- Year 3 Friday 22nd November 2019
- Year 4 Friday 29th November 2019
- Year 5 Friday 6th December 2019
- Year 6 Friday 13th December 2019
Your child’s class teacher will read a text of their choice, and provide the children with comprehension to answer based on this text. Once you and your child have completed the comprehension questions, the teacher will then go through the answers. This is a great opportunity for you to see how reading is taught in our school.
Thank you for your support,
Assistant Head/English Coordinator