Maths at DKH
We aim to:
- Develop a positive attitude towards Mathematics as an engaging, relevant and exciting subject.
- Develop resilience and a growth mindset key for problem solving
- Develop language and communication so that children can articulate and express their ideas using correct mathematical vocabulary
- Develop mathematical understanding through systematic direct teaching of appropriate learning objectives in a cumulative curriculum
- Develop conceptual understanding using the concrete-pictorial- abstract approach which represents ideas in multiple ways
- Develop mathematical thinking and problem solving through exploration and high order questioning
- Develop fluency through quick recall of number facts and teaching a range of efficient mental and written calculation strategies for all four operations.
In Year 1, we follow Mathematics Mastery plans.
In Year Two – Six, we follow White Rose Maths Plans
Maths Video Tutorials:
For some excellent online tutorials, please click on the link below to visit our Youtube channel